Nijmegen, Gelderland, NetherlandsRisk & Compliance
Are you looking for a diverse job in which you have work like a real Sherlock Holmes to keep our platform safe? Do you see a challenge in working in a relatively new branche and making a difference in our Risk department? Then we invite you to have a delicious cup of coffee with us!
BTC Direct and BLOX are two brands with one mission: making crypto easy and accessible for everyone. With our products we make it possible for everyone to buy and sell crypto in a safe way. By now, our organisation consists of over 90 (crypto) enthusiasts, and we are still growing. The crypto sector is hot and there are endless opportunities waiting to be explored. Would you like to be part of an ambitious and driven team, in one of the most dynamic sectors of the world? Then this job might be for you!
Are you a great analyst and driven to ensure that the operational activities are in line with the Wwft? Then the role as Risk Analyst suits you well! In this role, you will work in our Risk & Compliance team. Under Femke's leadership, you take the lead in the further development and professionalisation of our processes. There is a lot of room for your own input and development.
What are you going to be working on?
As a Risk Analyst you work closely with our Support department and your colleagues from Compliance. Together we make sure that our platform remains free of financial crime or other outrageous matters .
As a scale-up company, we are always looking for improvements, including within the Risk department. You like to take a critical look at our methods and take responsibility for improving and automating internal processes where possible.
Because the crypto sector is always in full development, we think it is important to stay on top of our game and regularly have intervision and QA sessions with each other to spar with your teammates about how you can best solve and organise certain matters.
More concretely, your tasks will include:
- You perform risk-based customer surveys among our users and are responsible for filing.
- You assess the origin of our users' investments or crypto and analyse the extent to which they can pose a risk to the company and ensure that the correct procedures are followed when doing so.
- You ensure that we do everything we can to prevent and combat all kinds of fraud.
- You keep a critical eye on the most important Risk processes and make adjustments where necessary to offer an optimal customer journey with regard to AML & CFT related processes.
- You perform PEP and Sanction checks on our users, their representatives and their UBOs.
- You check (unusual) transactions and ensure that objective and subjective transactions are correctly reported to the FIU.
- In addition, we are happy to look together with you at where your strengths and ambitions lie.
What can you expect from us?
A competitive salary, with the option of being partially paid in bitcoin 💰
We think it's important that you continue to grow. That's why we make a personal development budget available 🎓
Pension plan through Brand New Day 📈
25 vacation days 🏝
If it's your birthday, you have an extra day off 🎉
Every week, our colleague organises a bootcamp 🏋️
Would you like to work from home once in a while? Then you can! 🏡
A brand new Macbook, so you can work anywhere, anytime 💻
Lots of activities outside of work, like the annual participation in different sports activities, get-togethers and legendary team outings 🍻
What do we expect from you?
Do you always work proactively, analytically and accurately and are you able to respond appropriately to issues related to operational risk and make rational decisions based on the available information and analysis? Do you also have the following points:
• An HBO diploma with a legal or gamma background;
• At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role;
• You are aware of the laws and regulations of the Wwft in general;
• You know the latest trends in crypto, fraud and money laundering;
• You are able to work accurately and accurately and can operate independently;
• You speak and write Dutch and English fluently;
• You are customer-friendly and have good communication skills;
Is experience in crypto a requirement? No, but we would love it if you have an affinity with the industry and/or would like to learn more about it.
Have you been able to tick a lot of boxes? Then apply quickly and who knows, we soon might have a cup of coffee or tea together.