Nijmegen, Gelderland, NetherlandsDevelopment
Always wanted to work in the crypto industry and as a Java developer want to be part of an ambitious and driven team in one of the most dynamic sectors in the world? Then read on quickly!
BTC Direct and BLOX are two brands with one mission; making crypto easy and accessible for everyone. Through our products we make it possible for everyone to buy and sell crypto in a safe way. Our organisation now consists of 90 (crypto) enthusiasts, and we are still growing. The crypto sector is hot and there are endless opportunities just crying out to be taken advantage of. Would you like to be part of an ambitious and driven team in one of the most dynamic sectors in the world? Then this role might be for you!
We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible people who dare to take initiative, but we think it's especially important that you can do this in your own way! We regularly plan fun company outings, crypto-related workshops and there is always a Friday afternoon drink in our own sky bar. In addition, we also find vitality very important. There is fresh fruit for everyone, and you can join our boot camp every week - given by one of our colleagues.
What will you be working on?
Have you ever experienced the pain of explaining crypto to your friends and family? It usually ends with them giving you some money so you can buy it for them. Those days belong to the past. We've made crypto trading fun and easy for everyone. BLOX is a mobile app, available for IOS and Android. We are currently looking for a Java developer to join our team of talented professionals. BLOX is backed by Europe's leading cryptocurrency broker BTC Direct.
Do you want to build products that will be used by millions of users and have fun in the meantime? Read on!
Working at BLOX is not for everyone. You work on high-end applications that can handle thousands of transactions per second. You will need to be motivated to learn and write the best code of your life. You'll be working with a team of rock stars from all over the world, so get ready to take yourself to a whole new level.
What can you expect from us?
- A competitive salary, with the option of being partially paid in bitcoin;💰
- We think it is important that you continue to grow. Therefore we make a personal development budget available; 🎓
- 25 vacation days;🏝
- When it’s your birthday, you have an extra day off;🎉
- Every week, our colleague organises a bootcamp; 🏋️♀️
- Pension scheme through ASR Doenpensioen; 📈
- Do you occasionally want to work from home? Of course you can! 🏡
- A brand new Macbook, so you can work anywhere, anytime; 💻
- Many activities outside of work, such as annual participation in various sports activities, get-togethers and legendary team outings.🍻
What do we expect from you?
- You are a passionate self-learner.
- You have the ambition to write clean, efficient code.
- You have a good knowledge of Java 11+.
- You are up to date on everything from OOP and Design Patterns.
- You have knowledge of spring framework (Spring Boot, Spring data and Spring Security at least).
- You are skilled in developing RESTful APIs.
- You are familiar with Junit and writing tests in general.
- Previous experience with Microservice architecture and their means of communication is an advantage.
- Experience with spring web flux and reactive programming is an advantage.
- Docker and Kubernetes knowledge is an advantage.
- Experience with CQRS and DDD (domain driven design) using Axon Framework is an advantage.
Is experience in crypto a requirement? No, but we would love it if you have affinity with the industry and/or would like to learn more about it.
Have you been able to tick a lot of boxes? Then apply quickly and who knows, we might have a cup of coffee or tea together soon.